12 October 2007


Something happens when you are personally fulfilled; when you're truly happy and focused on your goals. Know what that is? You get over it! What is it? The pettiness. The trivial things. The unnecessary things. The DRAMA. You get over the attitude that just isn't worth dealing with. You get over the people who constantly feel that they have a point to prove. You get over the people who are in denial about their reality and you stop trying to get them to confront themselves. You get over the people who still want to play games and get their feathers ruffled over the most trivial things. You get over the people who constantly let you down in life because you realize that they always will and your expectations of them jut become more realistic. You get over the people who are selfish and who place themselves at the center of the universe.

Life is just about so much more. In the end, it doesn't matter how hip you are, how skinny you are, how rich people think you are. It's not about "who got their first." No one's going to remember how expensive your clothes are or what kind of car you drive. It's about what you learned in the process. It's about enjoying the process. It's about who you become and what you learn. It's about people true to yourself and those that you love. It's being yourself and not only accepting who you are, but owning it. It's about principles and living up to them. Most importantly, it's about contributing to something so much bigger than ourselves.

So I'm done. Done being angry. Done participating in drama. Done letting people hurt my feelings when they're just lashing out as a result of their own insecurities. Done letting people get under my skin. Done being dragged into people's childish games. Done with the bullshit. Done being disappointed by people who only care about themselves. I have bigger things to think about than you. I have my immediate family (my parents and Angelo) and I have my new little family (Edgar & Padme)....they keep me sane and they keep a smile on my face no matter what. I have grad school and although I'm going to have to work my ass off, I'll end up with a PhD and a career I love. To make it short, I have a life to live and there just isn't room for any negativity in it.

In the end, "the love you take is equal to the love you make."

No comments: