13 October 2008



Sarah and I returned from our exhausting but fun trip to Chicago late last night. I have to say, I'm in love. If I weren't so torn between family responsibilities, etc. Chicago would definitely be the place I want to be. I could go on for days but will spare you the ranting. It's a gorgeous city with amazing architecture. It's New York City-ish with that fun city feel but without the fast, overwhelming and overcrowded-ness. People are nice. I can have my fun, fast city life in the same place that I can have my low key, quiet, peaceful existence. The FREE Lincoln Park Zoo is AMAZING and makes me want to be a volunteer at the zoo (seriously). The University of Chicago is amazing. I looked into Northwestern and they also have an awesome program. It's a super dog friendly city and we could easily afford to own our own home there. It's incredibly diverse. It's wonderful all around. I'm in love! If I get in to one of those schools, it will be near impossible to turn down the offer.

Overall, Sarah and I had a great time. We travel well together. Met some great people, saw some awesome stuff (including Obama's house...sorta) and had lots of fun.

No comments: