21 May 2009


Come Tuesday (when I submit the draft of the last seminar paper I have to write), I can officially begin enjoying Summer. More importantly, I can finally begin really exploring and enjoying Boston. It will be the first time since we moved here that I'll have the time to take in the city. I'm excited for great weather and unforgettable adventures. Nonetheless, I'm a bit melancholy at the thought that it will come to an end on August 23rd. I've started to realize how important the friendships I've built here really are to me and there are a number of people and places I'm really going to miss...but...I'll think about that later. For now, I'm working on a list of all my "must-do's" of the Summer. It will be a work in progress; I'll add things as I remember them and I'll cross things off once I've done them!

TO DO:
.....

DONE:
· Trip to Rockport
· Isabella Gardner Museum
· Walk the Emerald Necklace and Arnold Arboretum
· Franklin Park Zoo
· Mount Auburn Cemetery
· Harvard Natural History Museum (glass flowers)

· Freedom Trail / Bunker Hill Monument
· Bike ride along the Minuteman Trail
· Wonderfalls marathon
· Trinity Church
· Sailing lessons at UMB
· Watch a movie at the hatch shell
· Tour Boston Public Library (free on Sat. 11am)
· Fenway Park Tour
· Watch Pump up the Volume
· U.S.S. Constitution
· Museum of Science
· White water rafting (Maine)
· JFK Library
· Museum of Fine Art
· Cape Cod / Martha’s Vineyard
· Bike Riding at Walden Pond
· Athenaeum
· Black Heritage Trail
· Beer tasting at Sam Adams brewery
· State House Museum
· Trip to Mass Moca

but....

I WILL NOT EAT CLAM CHOWDAH! SORRY BEANTOWN.

1 comment:

Sar said...

I'll eat the CHOWDAH for ya!
Yay for a fun & unforgettable BAHston summAH!