27 August 2009



A few months ago, I wrote an entry about the movie The Secret Life of Bees* and how it left me with a longing for a community of women; a collective female presence. I've given this a great deal of thought, mostly because I've been realizing how blessed I am to have the friends that I do. I came to the realization that I have created my own community of strong women who inspire and support me each and every single day. They may not be a community in the traditional sense. They don't all know each other (although some do) and they're not all part of the same circle (although some are). However, each of these little seemingly separate circles, create my community and my support network. They mean the world to me and I am incredibly grateful for each one of them. I'm most grateful for all the moments we've shared together and look forward to all of the memories we have yet to make together. I know that they will always continue to be an important part of my life. They give me strength in moments of weakness and share in my moments of joy. They are my bees and I just wanted to thank each one of these beautiful ladies for the sweetness they bring to my life.**

* I liked the movie so much that I later read the book and highly recommend it!
** I can be cheesy sometimes, ok!




1 comment:

Sar said...

buzzzzzzz :)
keywords: many memories YET to make!

Love you!